Module 3 Discussion Forum

Re: Module 3 Discussion Forum

by Madison Thompson -
Number of replies: 0
1.) The idea of "regular feedback scheduled in a timely manner" means that both the students and instructor will have a mutual understanding of and transparency around when feedback will be provided on assignments. For me, this means that students will be aware of when they can count on feedback from the instructor as well as the instructor upholding this expectation. Personally, I view within 2 weeks as an appropriate amount of time to provide feedback to students. This timeframe will allow students the opportunity to build and grow from feedback on future assignments.
2.) I don't think "too much feedback" is necessarily a "thing". However, I think concise, direct, and thoughtful feedback is more valuable than lengthy, wordy feedback. If feedback becomes lengthy and wordy, students may become confused with the feedback or may not be receptive to it.
3.) I do not think that simply giving a student a numerical score in the gradebook counts as thoughtful feedback. I think numerical scores only on certain assignments can be appropriate, but written commentary makes feedback more meaningful and provides the student with more understanding of expectations and areas for growth.